Thursday, August 25, 2005

Superman!!!

The late Christopher Reeves as Superman

Out of the mouths of children!

Just had to put this up! My young grandchild said to me tonight just before bed-time. “Granddad, isn’t right that superman can’t go on holiday because he has to fight evil and beat up bad people”! “Yes” I said “off course” and chuckled out loud! “Why did you laugh” my grandchild said, “don’t worry, I was not laughing at you”. But there you go, I thought to myself! having just watched superman on TV and it was so ironic with how our Tony is taking in the sunshine while we’re waiting for some light to shine through on some sensible policies implemented here (not just useless rhetoric spill) on immigration, and Muslim terrorist problems we have here in the UK.

Ah, the innocent child’s perception on life is refreshingly honest!

Tony's latest spin:
"more powerful than a flying wet flannel, faster than a fat man trying to get out of burning building and able to leap over Peter Mandelson and the entire New Labour party, butt naked in a single bound!"

But Tony Blair aint no superman hero or a man of steel, more of a Super Pratt.
Nice photo of him in the papers with his ukulele getting away from it all, and still enough time for soliciting!

I'm leaning on a lamppostAt the corner of the streetIn case a certain little lady comes by.Oh me! Oh my!I hope the little lady comes by.I don't know if she'll get away,She doesn't always get away,But anyhow I know that she'll try.Oh me, oh my!I hope the little lady comes by.

There's no other girl I would wait for,But this one I'd break any date for.I don't want to ask what she's late for.She wouldn't leave me flat;She's not a girl like that.She's absolutely beautifulAnd marvellous and wonderful,

Song by another ukulele player George Formby who was also a hen pecked husband!